4955 US-90, Pace, FL 32571, USA
3.0
Quality of Food

I don't know a about the Ryan's in other states but the one in Pace, Florida needs mentioning. Issues are as follows: 1.

The temperat in the place is so cold the customers are uncomfortable and your food is cold by the time you get to your table with it. This has been mentioned to the assistant manager who states the thermostat is broken and it can only be turned on or off. Nothing has been done to alleviate the problem. 2.

Food does not appear to be held at appropriate temperatures which can lead to food borne illnesses. I have read the inspection reports online which states they have had a problem in the past with temps being held below 135 degrees (which does not meet health safety rules) and, also cold temps being held above 41 degrees. 3. There were flies on the turkey at the buffet 4.Tables are wet and the customer has to wipe them down with a napkin and often the tables are not even cleaned off.

I usually have to ask someone to clean the table off so I can sit down. 5. I have seen workers stack fresh food pans on top of the ones already on the buffet while they refill the pan next to it. This causes overhead contamination to the food below the pan stacked on top of it.

6. I usually have to go through 5-6 plates in order to find one that does not have food on the back of it or that is not wet. I have to dry the plate off with a napkin before I can put food on it. This tells me that either the dish water in the washing machine is not hot enough to clean the dishes or that, perhaps, the plates are being stacked to tightly in the dishwasher which deters clean washing of the dishes.

I've been eating at this Ryan's since they opened,which has been many years. I have recently seen a big decline in the service and the quality of food. Often the waitresses are rude and the assistant manager can be rude also. I have been getting a military discount in this restaurant for years and, almost everyone who works there knows me, including the assistant manager.

I come out there almost everyday and have gotten my miliatary discount each time. However, when I confronted the assistant manager about the cold temperature in the restaurant, she gave me a problem about my military discount the next time I came in. She demanded I show my ID card when she had registered my meal before and knew that I got the military discount. I explained that everyone there knew I was entitled to it and had always given it to me, even her.

She still insisted I show my ID. I had to go all the way back to the car to get it just to appease her.

I think this was just repercussions from the fact that I had complained about the cold temperature in the place. If service everywhere is like it is in Pace, Fl, I can see why so many of the Ryans restaurants are c losing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryans Buffet Manager.

I liked: Our waitress.